Saturday, April 19, 2008

30 DAYS TILL HALF MARATHON

WOW I do not know where time is going! I have lots of training to still get in, good news the weather is getting much nicer. I have been thinking so what will I feel like after running a half marathon? I remember when I was running my 1o mile run event this last winter. At times the self talk kicked in, " what the hell am I doing out here running 10 miles LOL what makes me think I can run, etc etc. Once the 10 miles was complete I was like mmmmm it was not to bad so maybe I can continue running and go a little further LOL. So here I will be running a full half marathon in Denver, I keep wondering what is it truly like to run a full marathon 26 miles? That is a heck of a long run LOL. Maybe I will eventually do a full marathon but at this time I really do not think about it much. I would like to get a time of 2.5 or less for 13 miles but the real goal is to run the complete event and finish with a BIG SMILE on my face and saying. NOW THAT REALLY WASN'T THAT BAD. Oh also at this time I am the only one signed up with the Colorado lung association as a fund raiser. I will add the link here soon. I really could use some donations!

2 comments:

Duane said...

1/2 marathon, yikes!

Scott McMurtrey said...

if 10 is not so bad then 13.1 won't be so bad. if 13.1 isn't so bad then 26.2 is not so bad. :)