Monday, January 12, 2009

a New Year

Well hard to believe another year is upon us. I will be joining the CWW triatlon group here in Denver we kick off another season Jan 24th YAHOO. I am looking forward to it and this season I will do spring distance and do my first olympic distance.



The first big event for me is May 17 as I will be running my first marathon. This week kicks off my 18 week training plan I am using a plan that is by Hal Higdon a famous coach and runner and has written many books on marathon running. I feel very comfortable with the plan I am using.



I sometimes think WOW I am really going to do a marathon A FULL MARATHON? I reflect back at times how running has changed my life and that maybe someday I can do some motivational speaking and teach others how to follow their dreams! It is very interesting with co-workers or friends hear me talking on occassion about running and how they think I am a bit nuts for wanting to do the running that I do. I love what I do for keeping in shape and also love the challenge of seeing what my body can do. Setting up events to participate in also keeps me motivated and working hard.



Dream it............ believe it........

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think you should be a motivational speaker. You would be good.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate all the help and encouragement I can get at this time. I look forward to looking around your blog. Keep coming to mine and leaving the encouragement.

Thanks,
Melissa