Sunday, April 19, 2009

14 MILES

We had bad weather the last few weeks major snow storms that would come in for a few days and dump the good old Spring snow. Today I woke up to sunny Colorado skies and new that it would be a great day to get my 14 mile long run in. I went pretty well the area I ran on today was clear and a little water here and there so overall got it done! 2 hr 38 min not to bad considering there was a potty stop in there LOL.

Next weekend is my longest run that I will do before the May 17 Colafa marathon. It suppose to be 20 miles and depnding on how I am feeling I just might try 22. Back in the fall I had run a 20 mile run so honestly IT HURT so at least I know what I will be feeling next weekend. If I do 22 I know it is going to hurt a bit more. Our weather is suppose to be in the 70's this coming week so I really hope next weekend the weather holds for my long long run. Then I will beging to tapper down a bit that is going to seem odd but I know that is what I have to do and will follow the training plan that I am on. So far so good no injuries and staying healthy YAHOO

No comments: