Tuesday, March 3, 2009

75 DAYS & COUNTING

I what into work early today actually been into work early a lot lately, it is a busy time of year for my job. I started to think this morning when and how did I decide to do a marathon? I really started thinking about how this call came to be. I really do not have all the answers yet, if you would of asked me 2 yrs ago if I ever thought of running a marathon I would of said, "what are you on drugs! LOL. I am on a journey one that is going to last a long time. I decided to run a marathon because I know I can! The hardest part is the training day in and day out for a total of 18 weeks. It is the getting up on Sun am and knowing I have a long run on Sundays and can't sleep in to much. It is the daily runs at lunch getting up from my desk and getting changed and out the door I go.

I truly honestly say that I feel that the marathon is going to change my in more ways than one. It is about helping me become a stronger woman mentally and physically! It is about doing something that I never thought I could!

I have been thinking that in one day 5-6 hrs it will be all done. The marathon will be the icing on the cake! It will be a pivital point in my life. What a way to put a close to this last year for me. I will be 42 yrs old when I finish my marathon and dam proud.

I hope that someday I can assit other people in following their dreams! I trully believe that dreams can come true!

1 comment:

Black Knight said...

I agree, the marathon changes us in more ways than one, we become stronger mentally and physically.
The worst problem I faced was the schedule; I must follow the program despite the weather, the weakness, the bad moments. I remember when I had to run 25 km on the treadmill because outside there were the storm....but I did it. And you will run many marathons.