Sunday, October 5, 2008

cresecent moon sprint triathlon


Sorry it as been awhile since I posted. My last triathlon of the season was the Crescent Moon at Cherry Creek Reservoir in Denver CO. To make a long story short I did pretty well considering this was my 3 sprint triathlon ever and the 2 one of season 2008.

I was about 6-7 miles into the bike ride when a bee flew down the front of my tri suit and stung me on the chest! I felt it and then quickly reached in and flicked it out! It stung a little but I was not going to stop!! I was cruising pretty well on the bike with my new aero bars. I came cruising into the bike transition I dismounted the bike and had to run it through transitions aways to get to my area. My right calf was acting up a bit and I was like DAM IT a bee sting and now my right calf acting up! I got to my area and Kelvin was near cheering me on. I yelled at him that I got stung and that my right calf hurt! He is so awesome to just take all my comments in stride LOL.

I was able to make it through the run and come to the finish line in a time of around 1 hr 39 mintes not to bad for me considering all that took place. The food afterwords was good and great to visit with other tri athletes.

The next day I had a 5K to run. It was the 2 time that I did the second wind 5K in Lakewood. Last year I did ok about 35 minutes. it has some inclines so was a bit tough. This year I just wanted to finish it since the day before I had the triathlon so I knew I would be a bit tired. WELL I pulled off a time of 31 min about 4 min better than last year! So I guess my training is paying off. I was very pleased!

2 comments:

Duane said...

Good job!

Power Up Love said...

Great Job! All this sounds exciting. I'm 42 and I ran my first race ever a 5K back in May, The Run for The Zoo here in Albuquerque. I didn't do as well as I hoped, but I averaged 7:23 per mile. It was a lot harder than I imaged. Reading your post I really think I'd like to give a triathlon shot. I'm so amazed at your determination to finish after the bee and then your calf acting up, wow! What detremanation. Again Great Job! If anyone knows of a web site or group I could get I contact with to train with, would you be so kind to share the info? I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico