Sunday, November 2, 2008

10K PERSONAL BEST


It was the perfect conditions for my 10K today. I did this race last year as my firt 10K ever plus it is well know that this 10K is one of if not the toughest in the Denver metro area.


Last year my time was 1hr 11 min and I was pleased since back then I had never done that distance let alone on a tough hill course! Today I came in at 1hr 2 min! pulled 10 min miles! I remember a lot of the hills so I knew what was going to be coming up! I paced myself and I also did not try and analyze my running during the event. I did what I was suppose to do and that is RUN RUN RUN!


I would say at mile 4 it started to seem a bit tough since you still have 2 miles to go and there is up and down still LOL. Once to the top of the hill and I knew I was head towards the finish I just kicked it in! I am learning that my daily work outs are paying off and learning to push myself harder and that the body can endure! The temperatures were perfect in the upper 60's and a lite breeze. The treats afterwords were great! I will be back at this one next year with a goal of getting it under 1 hr and I know I will do it!


I am learning so much about the mental part of running and I am loving it