Tuesday, November 25, 2008

11 DAYS AND COUNTING

I am now 11 days away from running the Las Vegas half marathon. Last weekend I did my 20 mile training run. It was not like the other long runs I have done since I had to go at it alone. Becky is having issues with her quad and tonight she went and had a MRI done we are all praying that it is nothing serious. The 20 miles that I did alone was tough and I have learned how mentally hard it can be to do long distances ALONE!

What got me through it was that I on the same day there were friends going IMAZ and I thought if they can be doing a full ironman then I can be running 20 miles! So that is what helped me get through it all! The weather was great temperatures in the 50-60. I will run a turkey trot 4 mile event here in Denver the am of Thanksgiving morning alone with about 8000-10,000 other people, our weather is suppose to turn cold and maybe a few snow showers. LOVELY it will be just like last year DAM COLD. Still a great way to start off a grat holiday weekend.

No comments: