Thursday, June 12, 2008

5430 SPRINT REHERSAL




Last Sunday I did the full rehersal for the 5430 sprint distance triathlon. It was at the Boulder reservoir where the actual even will be June 15th. It took me 2 hr 18 min to swim 800 meter open water swim, 17 mile bike and close to a 4 mile run.




I struggled with the open water swim but what can I say I need to practive that alot more. I purchased my first ladies tri wet suit tonight so I am really excited, I get to break it in at the actual event this sunday. The bike went pretty well considering I had never been on the course before and I really did not realise it was a 17 mile ride LOL.




The run went good. Once I got off the bike and started running it took me about 5 minutes to relax a little and get my land legs back. Kelvin was there as I came in off the bike and said, "ok now you can run so go get it! It was perfect weather and I knew the run course since I had done a 5K up there back in the fall.




It was fun to be there with many of my CWW team mates. cheering each other on the whole way! As I was coming in off the run I could see K along the side and I yelled at him, what a great man he is he had the camera all ready to get my photo! :) I pushed myself very hard at the finish and it felt great and tough! But I was pleased with what I did.




I am not sure where I will end in this sport but I do know I wans to keep doing it. Running and the training for triathlons has really changed my life more than I ever expected! I just turned 42 the other day boy 41 was just a great year for me! Lets see if 42 can top it :)

2 comments:

Scott McMurtrey said...

you're stronger than me to try a tri. sounds like fun, but i don't think i have the guts for it. especially the open water swimming.

Tea said...

You're part of CWW???
Are you doing the DUWOP later this year?