Thursday, June 19, 2008

Boulder 5430 sprint triathlon




I am a bit behind in my blogging. WELL the sprint 5430 went as well as I could expect. Total time was 2:09 not bad considering the practice the weekend before I was at 2:18. The swim this time went much better for me, I felt relaxed and did not panic at all.




My transition times need work but that is why I will practice and keep working at all aspects of a triathlon event. It was just so much fun to come in from the run and see all the people there cheering us all on. There was about 1250 people doing this tri and 200 of them were first timers! is that great or what! YAHOO for us a little new into this sport.


I recovered pretty well this week Monday I was a little tired but legs felt fine. I guess that means I could of pushed harder LOL.




This week I have laid low a little since this Sat I will be trying to run 14 miles up! The Mt Evans ascent run. we start at 10K elevation, if I can make it the first 9 miles in 2hr 30 min then all that is left will be 5 more miles. TO THE TOP OF THE HIGEST PAVED ROAD IN NORTH AMERICA. Now I know I may not make it but hey at least I am in shape to even think about doing this event. Wish me luck!

No comments: