Thursday, June 12, 2008

THE HALF MARATHON


Well sorry it has been awhile since I update my blog. The half marathon was good and I was so glad that I did it. I had to stop and use the port a potties 2 times within the first 6 miles. That upset me but there was not much I could do about it.

I think the reason why I had to stop is I ate to much the day before. I sort a over shot my nuttirtion the day before, thinking that I would need all those calories and I really did not! When I did use the port a potties it was not like I had to go real bad LOL.


There were not many spectators out on colfax that am cheering us so at times it was a lonely run. But I enjoyed looking at the different business along the street. At about mile 10 I was starting to feel some paing setting in, GOOD News it was nothing that I was not able to deal with. I remember thinking wow I am almost done with 13 miles!


The best part of it was when we started to head into the city park area. I knew I was coming home! I saw my friend Becky and I yelled for her! she saw me and came onto the course and ran a short distance with me, she cheered me and said, "you can see the finish line go get it" I do not know where the strength came from but I saw that large finish line and off I went! I ran as hard as I could towards it the whole time looking for Kelvin so he could give me my metal! Make a long story short he was not the one who gave me my medal. Seems that am when he got there it was not very well organized and he said to hell with it. BUT he was close by when I came into the finish area.


I was crying tears of joy! My right calf was aching so I walked around till it felt some what better. We stayed around a little while watching others come in it was a great time! When we did decide it was time to walk to the car I thought how am I going to get to the car LOL. My calf was acting up and I was so scared that maybe I pulled something!


We finally got home and I laid down for a few hours and after that nap I felt almost back to normal. What a day it was something I will always remember! The medals we all received are so pretty! It hangs at my desk with the many other medals I have from other run events.


The great news is I am still running and loving it! In the back of my mind is a marathon for now it will just stay back there.

2 comments:

Scott McMurtrey said...

Congratulations! The story was a long time coming but worth the wait. :)

Unknown said...

congrats! 13.1 miles is really an accomplishment!