Sunday, February 3, 2008

LOOKING AHEAD

I am looking at what events I want to do this season. I have signed up for 1 sprint triathlon that is June 16th. I am wanting to do another one and that just might be the Steamboat Sprint triathlon that is at the end of August. I really love Steamboat and to have the opportunity to do a triathlon up there would be great for me. Looking at still doing some good runs too this year.

My last day at my part time Kohls job is Feb 12th and I look forward to that, it has been a nice place to work but I just need time for my training which will take a lot of my time this Spring and Summer. March 6-9 I am going back home to Grants Pass ORE to visit my Mom and Dad and friends. My mom health is not well and I want to spend time with her, when I run I often think of her since she has bad lungs and week heart she was a heavy smoker for years. Looking back on why I run and how it all started is very interesting for me, it will be a year in April that I started running just a little at a time, I kept thinking to myself either I am going to learn to run and keep doing it or I am just going to have to let it go and do something else. It has taken training and just overall getting out there and doing the runs and putting the time in. I enjoy seeing how I have progressed and I look forward to running in the years to come.

No comments: